As a photographer handling a wedding day is very stressful. You need to meet the demands of the couple by capturing those key moments on the ceremony and the reception, and you also need to take pictures of nearly all guests while keeping in mind all the little details regarding logistics that makes your photography unique.
Here are a few pointers on how you can handle yourself to make your workday easier on you:
- Avoid the main course, even if the catering service offers you a plate. Eating a full meal will slow you down and make you sloppy on the job. Choose snacks instead and consume a couple of cans of energy drinks to keep you awake and ready until the celebration ends.
- Keep a clear schedule after every ceremony you attend. Your body needs the rest and all the recovery you can provide for it. Also, try to avoid stressful situations at least for 24 hours post-ceremony.
- Get a good pair of shoes. While this might sound weird, especially if you follow a dress code according to the ceremony you are lending your services to, a pair of shoes that fits nicely and are comfortable will help you get through the day with no issues.
- Hire an assistant, someone who’s able to keep up with the job and your requirements for every moment. Having someone knowledgeable about supporting you is way better than a second shooter and less expensive.
- Last, but not least, make sure to back up all your photos shot on that day using a cloud service to avoid losing anything due to contingencies.